Do, Re, Me! Yes, It's Me!

 

 

    She is a loud type of person. No! She is quiet when she is with us. She is like this. No, she is like that! People see and know me differently. I act in different ways depending on who I am with. But just like what they say, every person is different, and that makes them unique. This is who I am, and I will be me, for being who you are is like one of the greatest things that you could give to yourself.

    I am just a simple girl from the municipality of Caoayan, Ilocos Sur. Born in an average family, with just enough wealth to survive on and also the only child. I think that is the reason why I act like this. I became an ambivert, or so I thought, for I have not really taken the test yet. My conclusion is that I became like this because I was often alone and was often inside our house during my childhood, but whenever the situation allows it, my friends would come to my house and play with me, or I will go to theirs to play with them. With that, let’s just say that the alone time and the time I spent being lively with friends were balanced, thus my attitude at this age. When I grew older, I found what my talents and hobbies are. I started dancing when I was 4 years old, which I can say that I was pretty good at it. I was often assigned to be the choreographer and often picked to be one of the star dancers. I also found out that I have a talent for singing. I was once selected to represent our school in a singing contest and won second place. My relatives often ask me to sing then give money in exchange. I guess that’s how I managed to buy the things that caught my attention when I was young. I enjoyed watching animal videos when I was young, which I still do these days. They bring happiness and relaxation whenever I am stressed. There were also times where I prefer to feel mixed emotions rather than pure happiness. In those times, I prefer to watch Korean drama, Music Videos, or Anime, which I can do for the whole day. I also love to read. I like Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Action, Fantasy, Teen Fiction, Fan Fiction, and even Non-Fiction stories/novels. I often read during the quarantine period. I love the quiet atmosphere whenever I read. Some people may find it boring, but I certainly enjoy it. Other than the self-satisfaction that I get from reading, I also learn life lessons that I can apply in my everyday life. To match the mood while reading, I listen to instrumental songs. However, when I am out of my reading space, I listen to upbeat songs, which were usually KPOP, Anime songs, or just any song that is upbeat. Sometimes though, I just sit silently in the corner, thinking about the outcomes of my decisions. Evaluating it and see whether it is good or bad. I also check myself, which helps me to know my strengths and weaknesses. It helps me discover new things about myself. It helps me discover who I truly am. Just like the basics DO, RE, MI, FA, SO, LA, TI. We're going to start at the lowest and check if it is suitable. It is a trial and error situation. Then we mix them until a beautiful melody is made. Evaluating myself helps me learn how to love myself, and that gives me the satisfaction that I need as a person.


    Each and every one of us is different from one another. That makes us unique and such uniqueness shall be loved. It may be hard, but we should learn to embrace it gradually. Let us live our lives to the fullest, yet we must carefully think of our decisions, for we may regret its outcomes. With that being said, I will end this with a quote/short poem that I found and have gone to love while I was reading When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. 


    You that seek what life is in death,

    Now find it air that once was breath.

    New names unknown, old names gone:

    Till time end bodies, but souls none.

    Reader! then make time, while you be,

    But steps to your eternity. 

        - Baron Brooke Fulke Greville, "Caelica 83"



Citation: Paul Kalanithi. (2016, January 12). When Breath Becomes Air. p7




Comments

  1. I admire how you know and accept yourself well. Everybody have different opinions with someone so it's not surprizing that everyone don't say the same thing about your personality or how you act. Accepting ourselves is the key to success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! We are different from one another. So we must embrace our uniqueness. This blog made me love myself more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opinions are basically just what people WANT to believe a person is like. I like how you accept and know yourself well. I see that maybe you watched a certain group's UN speech , ehem. Everyone is different, and that's what makes you YOU. It's awesome to have you as a friend Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that your being true to yourself and accepted yourself your already doing better than me,good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog inspired me just like anyone else's. I'm pretty sure that other readers also admire your work. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is very entertaining to read. People have different opinions about you and so do I. I think you are a very friendly and comfortable person to be with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G.O.A.T.

Lenten Season ft. Pandemic